• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with a 93 or 94 4.0(its in a zj)

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
This is for a co-worker's 93 or 94 zj. Her truck wouldn't start this evening. The engine was trying, but it wouldn't turn over completely. She thought it was the battery, so we replaced it. After replacing it, the exterior lights started flashing. According to her book, its the security system.

Fast forward to later and I found out how to disable the security, but it still won't start. It seems as if its not getting fuel. The starter is definitely trying to turn the engine over.

I layed underneath the tank while someone else put the key to the on position. I can hear the fuel pump running. Someone else checked the test port on the fuel rail and there was no pressure. Could a really blocked fuel filter be the culprit? The fuel pressure regulator?

I haven't actually asked her if the fuel guage is screwy, but it appears to have a half a tank left.

btt

Back