• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!!!! Need computer for '96!

Jump This

Just another minion!
I just returned from the shop. They still havn't found the problem with my Cherokee, the computer they ordered from a yard hasn't arrived yet and nobody knows where it is.
I want my XJ back.
Does anyone have a junker with the CPU still in it?
This weekend I will be heading down to Chula Vista to the PAP to grab another unit as well as some other items. I could replace yours right a way.
I'm heading over to Santee this afternoon and could run bye anyplace is San Diego County to pick it up.
Anyone?
Rick

Jump This said:
I just returned from the shop. They still havn't found the problem with my Cherokee, the computer they ordered from a yard hasn't arrived yet and nobody knows where it is.
I want my XJ back.
Does anyone have a junker with the CPU still in it?
This weekend I will be heading down to Chula Vista to the PAP to grab another unit as well as some other items. I could replace yours right a way.
I'm heading over to Santee this afternoon and could run bye anyplace is San Diego County to pick it up.
Anyone?
Rick

Hey Rick !!! 45 mins. away !
http://www.ajaxauto.com

Curt

Xtreme XJ said:
Hey Rick !!! 45 mins. away !
http://www.ajaxauto.com

Curt

I was hoping for something heading San Diego way. I need to head on over to Santee tomarrow. I was hoping to do it today. I'm thinking there is a yard off of Slaughter house canyon Rd. Maybe I'll check them out. Come to think of it there is a yard in Ramona that usually has a cherokee or two...

I SAID ! GOOD DAY SIR !

O.K. O.K. I bet you could have one by 0900 hrs. though.

Curt
I live in the desert TOO!

Jump This said:
I was hoping for something heading San Diego way. I need to head on over to Santee tomarrow. I was hoping to do it today. I'm thinking there is a yard off of Slaughter house canyon Rd. Maybe I'll check them out. Come to think of it there is a yard in Ramona that usually has a cherokee or two...

I believe there are two there right now in Ramona. One even has a 44 I believe.

If the price is right, I can use one yeah. Find out what its gonna cost and call me.

As it turns out......
it wasn't the computer....
it was the fuel pump. It would pump at 50 psi and with the old ass spark plugs that had a huge gap in them...it would foul them instantly. I'm replacing the plugs and the pump tomarrow.
I should be on the trail by Saturday morning.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rick

I'd still fire your mechanic cuz HE SUX!

Jump This said:
As it turns out......
it wasn't the computer....
it was the fuel pump. It would pump at 50 psi and with the old ass spark plugs that had a huge gap in them...it would foul them instantly. I'm replacing the plugs and the pump tomarrow.
I should be on the trail by Saturday morning.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rick

shouldn't it be 50 psi ?

Jump This said:
That could save me $200 if it suposed to be that high....but I'm thinking a much lower number.....:dunno:
Okay, someone check thiers for me will ya'?

Rick:sunshine:

From alldata 338 kPa ±14 kPa (49.0 psi ±2 psi).

Jump This said:
He just needs a FSM..will someone post one up here?
:D

"The Reg. is calibrated to maintainfuel system operating pressure of
338 kPa +/- 14 kPa (49.0 psi +/- 2 psi) at the fuel injectors."
1996 FSM

Hope this helps Rick.....

Curt

Jump This said:
He just needs a FSM..will someone post one up here?

After two years? Tow it to Rollins. !!!1

cracker said:
After two years? Tow it to Rollins. !!!1

I know you are just jelouse that I can do my OWN damn fabrication, not to mention I'm better looking too! :D
But...today....I have my Jeep back home!!
Any guesses as to why I was having a hard time getting it to start..
Computer was good..
CPS was good....
fuel pressure was good....

Maybe replacing spark plugs should be on my maintenance scheduel...
:passgas:

Thats right, all it was (this time) was bad plugs.

Rick

I'd still have Rollins do a once over.

Back