• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alloy shafts Q's

themud

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up a set of alloys for my d30 and they come with 760s already installed I also have the option to grab a set of jantz joints for the same axles and replace the 760s with jantz...Is it worth it I can get the jantz for 200.00(their new) or should I just stay with 760s and use them as a fuse link instead of my ring gear... I run 3.5 to 4.5 trails but Im big fan of finesse driving and 33s or maybe 35s are coming up next...
thanks
themud

You should never count on your u-joints as a driveline fuse. When they decide to go, they can take out the knuckle or balljoints.

interferance.jpg

balljoint-seperation.jpg

Save your money, get CTM's.

Here's an idea.
Run the 760's and sell me the jantz joints for $200.... :D

vegas_baja said:
Here's an idea.
Run the 760's and sell me the jantz joints for $200.... :D

Hehehe I dont tink sooo they are mine to go boom...

Ok so I read crashes write ups and still cant decide if I want 33s or 35s to go with this setup... Ive got a good crane cover for stiffness and intend on putting on a truss(tnt customs) with the jantz and alloys I should be good if I stay off the stupid pedal on 35s right(I know there is not an end all yes or no answer for this but Im looking for finesse drivers and breakage with the same setup and 35s vs 33s...

thanks
themud

I'd run 35's in a heartbeat - just don't build to have the u-joint serve as a fuse - when the joint breaks, the two shafts can contact and seperate your u-joint. A blown pinion, broken ring gear, broken shaft, .. easy to get off the trail. A broken balljoint or knuckle and your pretty stuck.

Back