• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repair question

climbon

NAXJA Forum User
Power washing off the 1999 XJ today and noticed underneath that my right LCA almost tore off the bracket mount to the axle tube. I have Rubicon Express Super - Flex 2's but a stock bracket on the axle. I mainly use my rig for FSR use and from time to time run it through Moab. Question: who carries HD brackets so I can get my old ones ground off and have new ones put on that will take a little more punishment. Thanks

The stock brackets are only welded on the outside. It is highly recommended that everyone weld the inside of the brackets which keeps them from cracking at the edges. A plate can also be added across the front of the mount to strengthen it and keep cracks from starting, JKS makes one. Anyone who wheels regularly and doesn't weld the inside or otherwise strengthen the LCA axle mounts is subject to them ripping off at some time.

Back