• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stumbling, missing, bucking

tugalo

NAXJA Forum User
okay gents, this one has me stumped.....

88 MJ, 4.0 Renix, pugeot tranny...starts right up in the morning, but bucks and stumbles on the commute to work. Its worse on wet, damp days. After I get to work and the truck sits and heat soaks for a while, the bucking and stumbling goes away and she runs fine for the rest of the day.

My first thought was a bad contact on one of the sensors, so I un-plugged them all (incuding the infamous C-101) and sprayed them with contact cleaner....no change.

Now I'm thinking that moisture is getting into a small crack on the coil, plug wires, or distributor cap and shorting out. I'm going to spray them with clear lacquer when it is warm and see if that gives me a short term fix.....any other ideas would be appreciated.

On the other problems I have had, you guys nailed each and every one of them....this is the most informative forum I have ever seen, with some of the most knowledgeable folks around.......keep up the good work !!

Back