• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What the F**K?

a1collier

NAXJA Forum User
Found a 90 model XJ for 500 bucks.The guy said it's a 93 motor with the 90 intake on it.OK fair enough.But whats got me puzzled is that theres 3 bolts holding the throttle body on.Which would be fine since it's supposed to be the 90 intake on it,but its got a Chrysler emblem on the intake manifold?Could someone help me figure this out please.

a1collier said:
Found a 90 model XJ for 500 bucks.The guy said it's a 93 motor with the 90 intake on it.OK fair enough.But whats got me puzzled is that theres 3 bolts holding the throttle body on.Which would be fine since it's supposed to be the 90 intake on it,but its got a Chrysler emblem on the intake manifold?Could someone help me figure this out please.
Yeah it's a 1990 intake. My Renix one had the Chrysler emblem on it. If it really has a 1993 motor in it, I would score a 99+ intake and bolt that sucker up (if you don't have emission testing in your state).

a1collier said:
what about the wiring and stuff is it that easy of a swap(for the 99+ intake)
It's not an hour job but it's not bad. The main thing is just adapting the older style TPS to the new throttle body. Search around the forums with keywords like intake swap and read some of the HO engine in Renix threads. You will find a wealth of info. If you still have questions afterwards, you can ask me though, I've spent a lot of time on going from a Renix, to older HO, to 99+ intake.

Back