• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crunch

rmagers

NAXJA Forum User
My son is in on Army leave for Xmas and he crunched the front of my 99 Cherokee. Airbags went along with some cosmetics on the front end. Took the Jeep for a ride today drove fine except for the steering wheel being tilted. I've found both airbags and module on Ebay. (Unless I can find a complete set on one of the boards) Since 99 has the Agate color dash, will 98 through 01 airbags work? Any color differences??

Ron

ps. Looks like the clockspring is OK. Cruise on the wheel works fine.

boise49ers said:
Track Bar could of got bent a little and makes the wheel off a little.
could be just out of alignment, without necessarily braking/bending anything... i'd have it aligned.. or DIY either way.

but boise49er is right, a once over of all the steering and stuff and a good tug on everythign to check wouldn't hurt

Will 97 airbags work in a 99? THe airbags I'm finding are 97-98 or 98-01 for the driver's side?

Ron

The airbag module in the 97 is different than 98-01 and control a set of first gen airbags. The 98-01 are second gen (I'm not sure if they are 2 stage).

Back