• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Express combined lift

DreamsOfMoab

NAXJA Forum User
So I got my Rusty's 6.5" coil (yeah I know...) and a 3/4" spacer for the hell of it to put up front, in the rear however, I still want to run RE leafs like I have been, but since RE usually has a pretty good rake to the back it leads to me believe that if I buy 4.5" RE leaves in conjunction with my 1.5" TnT shackles, I should reach about the same height as the front (6.5"+3/4= really about 7" "true" lift), am I correct in my thinking or should I just man up to the 5.5" HD leafs?

Why put the spacer in the front?

Front=6.5''+3/4''=~7'' of lift
Rear=4.5''+1.5''=6'' of lift
The rear will almost always be lower due to having a load in it most of the time.
I would not run the spacer on the front and get the 5.5'' packs for the back. that will put you at 6.5 for the front and 7 in the back. When you first put them in, it will be really high, but it should settle down a bit.
My $.02

The RE 4.5" packs start at about 6.5" lift. Depending how much you wheel and how much weight you have in the back will determine how fast they settle. I have about 60,000 miles on my 4.5" packs with stock shackles with a lot of trail time, about three years of gravity, and still sit 5".

Back