• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My homemad LCA's

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
Goddamn, I spelled "homemade" wrong...anyway...

Well,I dont really have the money for new LCA's right now but mine were hitting and stopping me lifting the jeep any higher.

So I decided to make my own.

I notched out a section on the lca
Cut out a peice of an extra lca I had, formed it to fit the notch I originally cut out
and got my neighbor to weld it to the peice I orgionally notched out.
If that was confusing, which it was, heres a couple pics to better show what I did...

Picture009.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Last edited:
Why not make it easier on yourself and just cut off the part of the shock mount where it hits? 5 minute fix and no welder needed.:dunno:

Edit: Besides, it looks like you now have a bead of weld that you'll hit before your original arm would have anyway...

How tall is your Jeep? Drop brackets?
As I'm sure you already know,
Your CA's need to be longer the higher you lift, not just "clearenced".

nhrocker said:
Why not make it easier on yourself and just cut off the part of the shock mount where it hits? 5 minute fix and no welder needed.:dunno:

Cause I like doing things the hard way :)

Last edited:
Haleyes said:
How tall is your Jeep? Drop brackets?
As I'm sure you already know,
Your CA's need to be longer the higher you lift, not just "clearenced".

I've got around ~4"s of lift, No drop brackets, and yeah I know, but I just dont have the money to get longer ones and this was a quick fix.

Back