• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

questions about roll cage

tkm

NAXJA Forum User
well for xmass im going to treat myself to a roll cage for the xj But not sure the best route. spend $700 on a bender then over $5. a foot for dom. or buy a cookie cuter cage from d&c or s&w race roll cage.

Ive been searching alot but have not found any pics of the S&W cage (the cheapest under $300) does anyone have any pics they could eather post or email? also what would you recomend?

I did the S&W and would not recom it for someone that didnt have the needed bender adn die set to add or mod the tubing that doesnt fit right and to add to the cage what is needed.

If you search for S&W you will find my thread on this cage.

I found another thread where you replied to someone else asking about the s&W cage and you said you would post pics in your original thread but I cant find it.

So the S&W doesnt fit well? is it just an a and b pillar or does it cover the d and cargo area?

THIS is the only thread I could come up with

never mind found your post

Last edited:
Get a bender and make your own, you'll be much happier in the end, and will have some more experience to boot. I have had a D&C cage sitting in my garage for over a year now, and will be selling it to get a bender and go from there sometime.

yeah but for the price d and c is a good bang for the buck the s and w is horrible in terms of easy fitting... it is like night and day with the two and even so for someone who can not weld or bend tube or whatever getting the kit and having a pro welder or fabber do the work right saves time and money... get you interior prepped and get it installed!

trust me I would love to buy a bender and fab my own cage but at $700 for the bender then over $5.00 a foot ( last time I checked on DOM) I'm really leaning towards the pre fab. I looked at the d&c cages and liked the way they fit. all the maidger pieces seamed to be right and easy to add on to with out a bender, then I compared the price to the S&W. witch was less $ So I wanted to see pics of the S&W to see if its fitment was as good or at least good enough. Ive already rolled my jeep once. now the roof is 1" to the right and the drivers side rear door doesn't close rite. I'm afraid that if I wait to have the money to buy the bender, pipe, and learn how to use it I will never get it done.

Back