• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I could really use some help...

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
In short, I have three small kids (6, 3 and 3 months) and I need help getting my Jeep fixed…

I need to install new leaf spring shims in the rear and new bushings in the front for the UCAs…

I have time next Saturday, December 30th from 12:00 to 4:00… I could really use some help if you have time… I’m in Corona…

Beer and Food are on me…

Any Takers?

Ken

Tempting Ken. This may work upon wife's approval.

If I come over and help, would/could someone help me replace my stock upper control arms with my new RE Upper Control Arms?

I'm in (assuming nothing comes up that causes the wife to veto this). I don't know much about Xj's but I can work on cars and can do anything with a little direction.

Andy

Not to hijack your thread but just to throw this out there. My jeep club in hawaii had a deal worked out with a garage on base to do a club shop day, they would set aside a few lifts and anyone who needed work done could bring there rig there and fellow members would be there to assist. Any possibility of doing something like this here???

tcm glx said:
If I come over and help, would/could someone help me replace my stock upper control arms with my new RE Upper Control Arms?

Hey Tony,
I already told you if you need help, let me know.....LOL I'm getting a set after Christmas and will need to replace mine also.

IMORTAL, Do you have a press for the bushing replacement? Are you replacing the ones on the UCA or on the axle? Might be able to rent one from Auto Zone.? Let me get the wifes blessing before I commit. I have an 8 year old that would tag-a-long if ok.

When I lived in VA, the Jeep club used to go to Langley AFB and were able to use the lifts there like Homebrew stated. They had access to all the tools as long as one of the Club's enlisted members was there.

Why do we always have to get the wifes approval before we play? IDK....

bubbajeeper said:
Hey Tony,
I already told you if you need help, let me know.....LOL I'm getting a set after Christmas and will need to replace mine also.

IMORTAL, Do you have a press for the bushing replacement? Are you replacing the ones on the UCA or on the axle? Might be able to rent one from Auto Zone.? Let me get the wifes blessing before I commit. I have an 8 year old that would tag-a-long if ok.

When I lived in VA, the Jeep club used to go to Langley AFB and were able to use the lifts there like Homebrew stated. They had access to all the tools as long as one of the Club's enlisted members was there.

Why do we always have to get the wifes approval before we play? IDK....

They are the Upper control arm ones... Ill check with AZ for the press...

your 8 year old would be fine... my 6 year old would prolly love to ride bikes with him... (I have an extra BMX Bike he can ride if he wants)....

Why do we always have to get the wifes approval before we play???? it just makes things easier.... kind of a mutual respect thing... she asks when she wants to go to a scrap book thing for the day... not that I would ever say no... but she still asks.... I call it being humble and happy... besides, with 3 kids, you dont want to piss off half your team orthe kids will over run you... LOL

Ken

bubbajeeper said:
Hey Tony,
Yeah I know....i was just figuring we could all tag along at Ken's house....can you come down that day?

hey i could lend a hand doing, pm me if you need me. I could also get you on mcas miramar, but he hobby shop does not open unitll friday.

cracker said:
This may work upon wife's approval.

Dude.. YOU'RE MARRIED?? :doh: I figured you were lastara considering all the lastara comments you make..

What's this world coming to??? :smootch: ???

Elias

EliasJ123 said:
Dude.. YOU'RE MARRIED?? :doh: I figured you were lastara considering all the lastara comments you make..

What's this world coming to??? :smootch: ???

Elias

If I am with another man it is not considered cheating ;)

What are you doing tonight?

bubbajeeper said:
LOL..... Thats right, didn't you say you were from Tennessee?......LOL

Oh yeah. I date small farm animals too :D

cracker said:
Oh yeah. I date small farm animals too :D

The sheep man comeith! -- SeanR

Woaa Woaa Woaa... where did this thread get off too?

PM me if you are going to be able to help and I will PM the Directions...

thanks in advance guys...

Ken

Man I wish I could go but saturday is starting to look like a day from hell.......

ill be driving from san deigo to 29 palms to throw my jeep on my trailer

Then off to san bernardino for pick a parts 1/2 off sale where I need to grab an axle for john in inglewood and a dana 70 for myself

Then to west covina where me and russ will offload everything and then its on to oxnard to pick up his new jeep

Then back to west covina where axles will need to pulled swapped in and all sorts of insanity

Not to mention a motor swap needs to be done over there too......

Then john (tweakado) will come over and grab his parts hopefully they are all off by then

I've gotta pull a wiring harness for cleanrc

A tranny/tcase for skullverian

Rock sliders off my jeep for john

Then I have to be robertks at 7 for the ufc fight and I also need to swing by cals to get a washing machine.....ahaahhhhhhhh

I'm pretty sure my day will fall apart before it starts.

Mabey I should have asked for help!

Well, I knew it was a long shot... I still have the free time blocked off today from the wife and kids so I will try to get the shims installed by myself today... I can drop off the Jeep at a local place to have the front bushings replaced... I hope I can have it ready by Calico...

Ken

Well I started a bit early... but I got the Shims in... all bolted up... about 2 hours with kid interuptions... unable to find a press, I went to Romona Tire, where I have life time alignment and asked if they could swap the bushings before trying to do the alignment... -- I showed him the rubber coming out of the bushing -- he said they would swap them before aligning the Jeep... Sweet... But wouldnt have time to do it till Tuesday with the Holiday and all...

So I will be ready for Calico...

Ken

Back