• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

staring problems

cnidy1230

NAXJA Forum User
90 xj stock will crank forever until battery dies. no spark, no injector pulse. fuel pump runs for 30 sec prime. replaced crank sensor and distrubtor with new pickup. any ideas where else to check? any help appreciated.

Check the fuses, fuse box.

If it is not a fuse, then it sounds like a wiring (opened, broken wire or grounded power wire, or loose connector involving the ECU) or it could be an internal ECU problem since there is no spark and no injector pulses. If it was just no spark I would look elswhere.

My 87 fuel pump cuts off after 5 seconds. 30 seconds sounds too long for the fuel pump to prime, like a return line valve problem of some kind. I would solve the no spark no fuel injector pulse problem first and ignor the possible fuel pump problem for now, since it does run and does cut off after 30 seconds.

Mike McGinness
South Houston, Tx

Hmmm get a test light and hook the test light up to the pos side of the battery and check to see that you have a ground on one terminal of every inj conector.

Also check the ECU, engine, and firewall GROUND to the battery!!! You may get lucky!!!!!

Mike McGinness
South Houston, TX

Back