• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31x950 tires?

jeepster09

NAXJA Forum User
:dunno: Does anyone know of a good 31x950 mud terrian type tire? I want to keep the narrower tire so that they stay in the fenders. Also will my 4:10 gears be ok going with a taller tire or should I put in the 4:56's I have laying around?
['99 XJ automatic]

interco makes a radial swamper in 32x9.5
something to look at if you've got a little lift.

as to the gears, 4.0 or 2.5?
I assume 4.0, I think that 4.10's would be alright.

I have Trxs MT's in 31x10.50 on stock wheels on a 3" lift. They fit inside the fenders just fine. With a couple of hockey pucks for bump stops, I don't rub at all in the front.

I also just installed 4.56 gears. They are a lot easier to drive than the 3.55's, but you unless you have a 2.5 you may not notice much improvement with 31's.

4.10's, 30"s and 3" is a great set up in my opinion.
I ran that same setup for quite a while and loved it.
I would not hesitate to go with 31's and 4.10's however, I really liked the low end grunt with the 30's.
:thumbup:

Hale

4.10 most def. but it is kind of a waste of time because personally i dont think you will notice it. if you google search a tire to gear size chart it should tell you.

I have a 00 Classic that came with 16" wheels. I chose to run 245/75R16. This tire size is basicly a 31x9.5. Actual measurement is 30.8", which is the same as most 31's. If you can get some 16" wheel this would be another option with more than enough choices available.

Back