• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan running strange

fitbmxseries1

NAXJA Forum User
i just kinda knowticed this but when ever i turn the air on or have the defroster on the condenser and electric fan only run for a few seconds then shut off, then turn back on then turn off. any one know whats up with this or is it normal?

fitbmxseries1 said:
i just kinda knowticed this but when ever i turn the air on or have the defroster on the condenser and electric fan only run for a few seconds then shut off, then turn back on then turn off. any one know whats up with this or is it normal?
When you turn your a/c or defrost on, it kicks the a/c compressor on, which in turn turns your electric fan on. I imagine especially with your defrost, the compressor only kicks on for a couple seconds, causing the electric fan to only cycle for a couple seconds. I suppose it's also possible that you're low on a/c refrigerant and that's why the compressor is staying on a short time, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

it never really stays on for more then 2 seconds, but its kinda constanly turning on and off and the air has blowing super cold so i dont think i need a recharge. but could be a possiblility.

and i just reread what i originaly wrote and i ment to put compressor instead of condenser.

Back