• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap now no brake pedal help!

LETNER

NAXJA Forum User
I just did a 8.8 swap with disk brakes.Tried to bleed the brakes and when i open up the bleeder valve the pedal doesn't fall to the floor like all the other brakes ive ever bleed.I also cant get any pedal ive been told i might need a different master cylinder.any info on this?

dose any fluid come out?
mabey the bleeders are plugged up
pull them out and try to blow thru them if you cant take a paper clip and run it thru the hole in the top and side than try to blow thru it agian
i ran my stock master (87) fro 2 weeks before upgrading to a 99wj booster/master combo
also try bleeding further up the system and see if you can get any fluid that way

justin

thanks for the response,should have given you some more info.I get fluid out of both sides in the back but the pedal doesn't move.when i open up the bleeder on the front the pedal falls to the floor,doesn't make any sense.

i would try to bleed it before the prop valve and see if the pedel drops
if it does try it right after thre prop valve if the master went dry try bleeding it right at the master
or u can force fluid thru the system backwards. with a phoenix injector or simalar tool.

justin

This may seem obvious but with the rear off of the ground and the transfer case in nutral, stand on the brake pedal and have a buddy or spouse try and rotate the rear tire. if the tire moves than you know your not getting any fluid to it. it helped me when i had the same problem with my brakes (turned out i had way too much air in the system from when the previous brake line exploded.)

I had the same problem when I did my 8.8. I put the calipers on the wrong side. Swap them around and rebleed them. If the zert is on the bottom its wrong It has to be on the top so the air can escape. With the zerts on the bottom you will have an air pocket in the top and that is why you cant get pedal.

I hope you already have it figured out. I saw this post last night at work but I cant login from there.

Back