• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bds 2" lift

87baseomatic

NAXJA Forum User
With christmas around I figured I would buy my cars some xmas gifts. My vw got new wheels and a set of bigger cams and I picked up a 2" bds kit (new coils, aal w/ shocks)for the 92 xj. A friend at a speed shop hooked me up with a rather hefty discount.

Any idea how the ride will be? I tried searching bds but it seems to be to short to search. I also picked up a tc drop (just in case) and some new bumpstops as mine are pretty beat. Recently replaced front wheel hubs and put new ujoints on the front driveshaft and axle shafts.

I have a few yj and chevy friends that love their stuff. I wanted a re6020 3.5" kit but add some good shocks, bpe, sye and whatnot and it was way out of my budget. Plus is would look horrible with my 235/75/15 tires.

I have there 3" kit and love it. Ride is good , flexes pretty good. Great stuff.

I did there complete 3" kit minus LCA's. I used a t-case drop , no issues at all. I'm getting to order there 1" shackle and a spacer and add a SYE. I would love to go to there 6.5" long arm but thats down the road a bit.

Yeah, I am running the 3" kit (actually a 3.5" kit advertised and sold as a 3" but if you look into it its a 3.5"... but I digress) and I love it. Absolutely amazing kit. some would complain about a stiff ride on the street, but I like the firmness. That could be helped by different set of shocks. I am running just what came with the kit, and next summer I think I may be getting an inch or inch and a half spacers (or new springs or ACOS) and shackels, new shocks, SYE, and UCA/LCAs or maybe a long arm kit to add to the current lift, who knows what, but I have to say this lift just made me want to do more. Great lift all around. Since you did get AAL, what year is the Jeep? If its an older one and your rear springs are sagging, I would look into getting some new leafs before doing the AAL... I trust the BDS quality, but I dont know how great it will be adding it to an already shot leaf pack. Just a thought.

Last edited:
the xj has 192k on it. But I have the feeling the leaf packs arent original as it sits at a perfect 17" from center of hub to bottom of the flair on level ground with 10 gallons in the gas tank. iirc thats how a stock rig should be sitting.

Go for it I think you will be happy.

yeah, if its sitting at stock levels then I would say go for the AAL if thats the lift height you want and the price is right, hell, if you want down the line you can always upgrade again

themangeraaad said:
yeah, if its sitting at stock levels then I would say go for the AAL if thats the lift height you want and the price is right, hell, if you want down the line you can always upgrade again
For sure it will work out good if its not sagging.
Heres mine with the 3"
Xmas20063-5.jpg

Back