• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission problem?

frankenstang57

NAXJA Forum User
I was out doing a bit of snow-bashin' today on the oh-so-lovely streets of Ft. Collins. I actually won a bet with my father-in-law that I could make it over to his house. If you guys haven't seen the news Colorado got hit by a pretty big snowstorm over the last couple of days. Anyhow, the snow was about 2ft+ on his street and unplowed but I made it. I do need to mention I had to thrash on it a bit to get there.(33's, spooled rear, 4" lift) That being said, my Jeep no longer goes into O.D. Any suggestions other than "way to go dumb@ss?" :) I figure I just packed so much snow up under it something may have come unhooked but could be wrong. The thing is pretty much just my trail rig and I do have a spare tranny so if I did do harm it's not too big of a deal, just wondering... Thanx!

Bummer. Actually, I wouldn't sweat it for the moment. Check your fluid levels and reseat the connector on the TCU.

I have seen tranny's get cranky when you heat them up, then submerge the pan in water or snow. It usually passes. If not, I have a tranny jack. In fact, I will probably be laying outside under my rig tomorrow, trying to finish off my tranny swap. Drop over.

PS, what year is the rig?

Thanx guys... old_man, it's an '89. Not only do I have have a spare trans,but it's still sitting on my trans jack... I do think it did get a bit hot and no I'm not running an external t-cooler. I have a new one still in the box I've been meanin' to throw on. Where abouts do you live?

Back