• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Lift U run? For the long winded and opinionated

GermanXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking to hear what lift people are running, and why. I am running stock because I cant find any 3" Pro comp rear springs. If anyone has any they want to get rid of let me know. I hear the pro comp springs are kinda crappy but I happened across a free set of 3" front coils. Have a good holiday, and someone do some wheelin in the snow for me, because it dosent seem to snow here in Germany. Oh yea how do you post pics?
:viking: :patriot:

1. Currently I am running a Rustys 3-4" lift (with spacers) and it's OK. I am hoping to upgrade this spring to an RE 5.5" with drop brackets and 33's.

2. Try using www.tinypic.com to host pics. After it shows on their site, you'll need to copy and paste the MIDDLE link and then insert that in your post over here.

3. If I can manage to get my front door open, much less my Jeep out of the driveway...I'll think about going out and having fun in the white stuff. We got about 18" yesterday and it continued all through the night. We are supposed to get another 5-10" today. From the looks of it...I'd say we got 5" just last night. Most of Colorado is shut down (including a stretch of highway that runs from the north end of the state (at Wyoming) all the way down to New Mexico.

just because you got 3" front springs doesn't mean you need the procomp 3" rears.
Any 3" rear leaf pack would do, and depending on availability in germany you might want to consider a bastard pack.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083&highlight=$11+bastard+pack

Personally, I've got a 3" skyjacker lift on the MJ, with 34" swampers.
there's some spacers and shackles waiting to go in to get me to right abour 4"

GermanXJ said:
Just looking to hear what lift people are running, and why.

i run ghetto/backyard fabrication 6" lift-- bc its cheap and works well

I am running RE 4.5" leaf packs with a RRO 3" extended shackle in the rear.

Why - Because I had the shackle with my budget boost and decided to keep it.

I have RK 6" coils up front with RK long arms.

Why - The whole setup only cost me $325 and it is much better than the RE springs I had up front with short arms.

I ran an RE 4.5" for about 2 years logging roughly 40k miles with it. It seemed to work well as a DD, as well as providing fair off-road flex, etc.

I moved up to a Full Traction 6 long arm about 6 months ago. The ride is very different, which I'm guessing is due to arm longs. I've made so many changes (axles, steering, etc) since this lift, that I feel I can provide a fair review of this lift (yet).

Kent :)

I run a Rough Country 4.5" lift. Adjustable control arms. 35" Goodyear MTRs, with VERY LITTLE rubbing. Custom cut fenders to fit them.

IMG_6337.jpg

3" quasi-budget boost. ACOS on the front, bastard leaf pack on the back. I started out planning for the usual 2" budget boost. I built the bastard packs by cutting the eyes off of a stock XJ main leaf and adding it to my existing leaf pack. That and one of the shorter leaves got me 3" in the rear. I went with the ACOS up front because I wanted to be able to adjust the front to match the back and I wanted to be able to adjust after adding a heavy winch bumper later on. I have less than $275 in the whole thing and will be able to leverage the ACOS into a cheap upgrade to 5" on the front by replacing my stock XJ springs with ZJ springs.

GermanXJ said:
Just looking to hear what lift people are running, and why. I am running stock because I cant find any 3" Pro comp rear springs. If anyone has any they want to get rid of let me know. I hear the pro comp springs are kinda crappy but I happened across a free set of 3" front coils. Have a good holiday, and someone do some wheelin in the snow for me, because it dosent seem to snow here in Germany. Oh yea how do you post pics?
:viking: :patriot:

I didn't read all the replies as i saw what you were after and thought i'd give you a heads up...
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EXP%2D53111&N=700+400145+4294925130+4294839061+4294908280+4294839818+115&autoview=sku
FWIT i have a pair on my 96 XJ. For 90$ a side for 4" leaf packs with the bushings in and a 3 deg shim is not to shabby, the feafs aren't either. i'm actually happy with them! Any Questions gimme a shout.
HTH

Last edited:
boomhauer said:
I didn't read all the replies as i saw what you were after and thought i'd give you a heads up...
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=EXP%2D53111&N=700+400145+4294925130+4294839061+4294908280+4294839818+115&autoview=sku
FWIT i have a pair on my 96 XJ. For 90$ a side for 4" leaf packs with the bushings in and a 3 deg shim is not to shabby, the feafs aren't either. i'm actually happy with them! Any Questions gimme a shout.
HTH
Hey thanks, that was what I was looking for. I found a set of free springs so I am going to try a bastard pack first, if I cant make it work I will use those springs from summit. You did send me in the right direction for a place to get a set of swampers sent to an APO so thank you.

GermanXJ said:
Hey thanks, that was what I was looking for. I found a set of free springs so I am going to try a bastard pack first, if I cant make it work I will use those springs from summit. You did send me in the right direction for a place to get a set of swampers sent to an APO so thank you.
Hey right on! You are welcome and glad it worked!:wave1:

4" Pro Comp Coils, 3/4 spacer, Rough Country Adj. Upper&lowers & Track Bar, Dakota leaf pack with 1.5" lift shackle, Pro Comp ES3000 at all four coners, no sway bars, YJ brake lines, AA Sye and Front D/S. It's my Daily Driver the street ride is OK, not great, but OK, softer/better shocks would help but for what I payed for all these parts and how it works I couldn't be happier.

My 89 was on a 6.5" lift. Front springs were Rockrawler, rear springs were Rusty's 6" STS packs and the Arms, trackbar, and all other misc. peices were Rusty's
fa8ad623.jpg

flex4.jpg

flex1.jpg

Oh yeah and My Ex loved that I used the steps to flex it out. With new brake lines it would have flexed more.

Back