• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque specs for valve cover

dspilot said:
I can't find these anywhere in the Haynes Book. Do they exist, or is there just a rule of thumb to use or what?:dunno:

step 1) toss haynes into corner of shop. it may be useful later for for kindling the shop stove.

step 2) try the FAQ's

step3) try the search button.

step 4) buy FSM

I know it's a lot of steps but it's at least three times less steps that a twelve step program.

Hey dspilot....thankfully, it's been a while since I did that job but IIRC, it's not much torque. I want to say something like 85 INCH lbs. or 8ish FOOT lbs. I'm trying to find my manual now though.

OK...confirm that. I found a post that 5-90 made and it is indeed 85 inch pounds. I'd go with his advice on more than just torque specs. He hasn't let me down yet. Good luck.

P.S.
This info was a bit difficult to find as it's not in our FAQ section. I knew 5-90 would be involved in some way so I did an advanced search using his name and finally found it in a thread dealing with replacement valve cover bolts. A non-member or newer user would not know to do that. Maybe this will help in the future.

-river

Back