• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ AW4 Transmission

tiburontropic

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have one of the modified transmission valve bodies in there jeep XJ, since they don't make a shift improver kit? Do you feel the difference and does trans operating temps drop?

No, but check with Level Ten Performance (www.levelten.com, I think) and try to look it up for Toyotas (since it's a Toyota box) before you say there are "no upgrades of whatever sort" for it. I need to do some research and add to my links page, but once you try for a Toyota instead of a Jeep, you can get somewhere.

I think the Toyota model number is 03-40, or something similar. Start at Level Ten, and you can use that as a jumping-off point.

5-90

tiburontropic said:
Does anyone have one of the modified transmission valve bodies in there jeep XJ, since they don't make a shift improver kit? Do you feel the difference and does trans operating temps drop?

Are you having heat probs?
Do you have a trans cooler?
Do you have a trans temp guage?
What are your readings city/higheway/towing?
Disreguard if the above heat answer is no!
What is it you're trying to do?

Back