• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Click Click noise up front ???

black2door

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys here I go again. Its like one problem after another with my jeep. So when I drove my jeep today I started to notice this click click sound from what seems to be the front end. Its a constant click at lower speeds and seems to kind of go away when Im going faster. It does it all the time turning or not, but it does not do it in reverse. I can feel it too. Anyone know what it could be? THANKS

1997 XJ / 4x4 / 5 spd / 4.0

Cardan joint in the front DS... or, front axle u-joint. Climb under and wiggle the axle joint where it comes out of the axle tube. If there is any play you need new axle u-joints. Remove front DS, if noise gone... grease up or replace u-joints on front axle.

My '87 has been clanky lately too.. I was worried I was loosing a U-Joint but they all checked out ok. so...

Under the truck I crept... :repair:

And I found that I was missing the lower rubber insulator on the drivers side of the anti-sway bar. It least it's cheap to fix!

-Rob Petty

My 2000 is doing the same thing. It is the brakes, somehow. If you pull your tire and wheel and turn the rotor by hand, you will feel it "sticking". Then pull your caliper off and the axle rotates freely. Cause or solution unknown....

Back