• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NO CRUISE!!

fspell220

NAXJA Forum User
HI, I OWN A 89 CHEROKEE WITH 4.0 AND AUTO TRANSMISSION. I RECENTLY HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE AIR ONLY COMING OUT OF THE DEFROST AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A ROTTEN VACUUM LINE JUST UNDER THE BATTERY TRAY. I REPLACED IT AND WAS HOPING IT WOULD ALSO FIX THE CRUISE CONTROL BUT IT DIDN'T. ANY OTHER POSSIBILITIES

YOU KNOW WHAT? MAYBE THIS PLACE IS JUST FOR THE REGULARS. BECAUSE I'VE POSTED 6 OEM TECH QUESTIONS WITH 6 RESPONSES ALL TOGETHER AND NONE OF THEM ACTUALLY HELPED. I JUST POSTED A NEW THREAD 19 MIN. AGO WITH 1 PERSON VIEWING. THERE WAS A POST THAT SAID 6 MIN. AND HAD 10 RESPONSES. SO I DON'T WANT TO BE A MEMEBER OF NAXJA ANYMORE IM GOING TO JEEPS UNLIMITED.

:looser:

Start with the "nose" test! Find the yellow AMC box (cruise module) under the dash and give it a sniff. If it smells burnt, it's probably bad!

QUIT SHOUTING! Okay, for starters go look in the FSM as I believe it has a diagnostic procedure. There is a tie-in to the brake light that kicks the cruise off if the brakes are pressed. There is also a vacumn line to a switch near the top of the brake pedal arm. It releases the vacumn on the actuator when the brake is pressed (two methods of disengaging the cruise to prevent Audi-like runaways).

-Chris

welcome to the internet, im positive your new here, i am too... but, this is not a tech support hotline, and nobody is being paid to sit, waiting for you to come ask questiions.... give it some time before you ask the retarded 'anyone?' self response,
im glad your leaving...

fspell220 said:
YOU KNOW WHAT? MAYBE THIS PLACE IS JUST FOR THE REGULARS. BECAUSE I'VE POSTED 6 OEM TECH QUESTIONS WITH 6 RESPONSES ALL TOGETHER AND NONE OF THEM ACTUALLY HELPED. I JUST POSTED A NEW THREAD 19 MIN. AGO WITH 1 PERSON VIEWING. THERE WAS A POST THAT SAID 6 MIN. AND HAD 10 RESPONSES. SO I DON'T WANT TO BE A MEMEBER OF NAXJA ANYMORE IM GOING TO JEEPS UNLIMITED.

You could alway's try Pirate. :looser:

fspell220 said:

Wow.

:smsoap:

Under your steering column is a yellow box. it looks like this

jeep001.jpg

Now when you find it look to make sure it is connected and the terminals are clean. If they are, look for a burnt smell. If it smells burnt throw it away. If not try to adjust it by turning one of the three set screws located around the side.:lecture:

Back