• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Coils

ttocsnekia

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and the kits claytons sells is a rear 4 link. Could you run rear long arms like tnt and rustys make? I plan on making my own long arms copying this same design. Thoughts?
Scott
xjlt1_01.jpg

I would like to know also, but I believe I will go with the clayton style set up. Probably build it all myself.

aparke4 said:
check out rock krawlers design too they make a long arm style coil over for the rear as well

seems like it cost a lot more than claytons, but you do get coilovers with it.. Looks nice.

Last edited:
STEELFISH said:
I talked fairly extensively with Jim Cole (CAGE OFFROAD) he says there are a lot of guys using his weld on brkts and arms for rear use, he claims they seem to enjoy it fairly well.
J

Referring to radius arms in the rear. With the tnt set up, there would be no axle wrap. I see what everyone is talking about anti-squat wise. Has anyone ever done it on here? If worse comes to worse, I would always have leafs to fall back on, or lower links for that matter.

Last edited:
I you aren't going to go into head first don't bother and just get a good set of springs from Deaver or National.

Out of all the kits I have seen Rock Krawler probably was the best compromise. I still feel to get the four link right on an XJ the uppers have to be above the factory floor. Mounting them lower just lowers the roll center and also makes it angle up towards the front. Not to mention that the link mounts end up below the frame which brings a new level of suckage.

I'm still running a Tera kit (since late '98) and it is probably at the extreme end of the above. A lot of days it's not that fun to drive. I keep just keep learning and picking up on what other people have done. I'm ready to get mine changed out.

Back