• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Online site to see paint colors?

xjrookie06

NAXJA Forum User
First post here. I just bought a '96 Cherokee Classic off a guy for $1700. Believe it or not, it's not in too terrible shape. It's got 154k miles on it's 4.0 L I-6, well maintained...

The body however, needs some work. He rear ended someone, so I'm replacing various body parts. I'm thinking of giving her a new paint job. Is there any place online where I can see paint color samples and/or visualize what the paint job would look like on my XJ?:dunno:

Thanks!

Paint

Before you get to carried away make sure the unibody is straight. As far as color goes, my budy just painted his Olive Drab and put the white star on the door, it looks good. As always flat black is always best (easy to fix).
Good luck
:peace:With superior fire power

xjrookie06 said:
First post here. I just bought a '96 Cherokee Classic off a guy for $1700. Believe it or not, it's not in too terrible shape. It's got 154k miles on it's 4.0 L I-6, well maintained...

The body however, needs some work. He rear ended someone, so I'm replacing various body parts. I'm thinking of giving her a new paint job. Is there any place online where I can see paint color samples and/or visualize what the paint job would look like on my XJ?:dunno:

Thanks!

Do bear in mind that, unless your monitor calibration is spot on, there's going to be some error in colour rendition. How much error depends upon calibration errors (I've seen mild cases - it was discernable. Comes from working at Adobe - seeing Photoshop miscalibrations rendered with Pantone process colour...)

My advice - before you settle on a colour from a monitor pic, go to a PPG shop and ask for chips of the colours you like. Then, you'll get an EXACT match (PPG is the standard for automotive paint colours) and know what you're looking at. It's that final check that makes all the difference, y'know?

5-90

or go to your local DuPont paint store ( Oreilly's carries it ) not a big fan fan of PPG myself .
I have never had a compatibility issue with DuPont paints in 22 years.
Sean

Back