• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

o2 sensor after the cat

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
i pulled the cat off to install my flowmaster about 6 months ago and i finally got around to scaning the check engine light. it says the computer isnt reading the o2 signal from the cat and i have a o2 simulator hooked up. what i was thinking was taping into the sright pipe and welding in a bung with a old 4 wire o2 sensor i have lying around. do you think it will work correctly with no cat?

:soapbox: buy a hiflow cat for $40 off ebay, and drill a hole in the cat right before where you put your clamps on, weld in your bung, then put your o2 senser back in there. hasta

from what i have found your cat creates alot more heat than just your muffler pipe, and for whatever reason, it is believed that the senser is better when it is either in the cat or closest to it so that it can get the heat from the cat.

Funny story,
the jeep i just bought had an 02 simulator, which is only a resistor and nothing else.
Maybe its not obvious but for this to theoretically work it still needs to be in the exhaust stream, because my 02 was on top of the t-case

So I ended up buying a $50 stainless cat with a bung that looks like a football and now im good

Back