• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What does it mean??

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I got these codes from my Scan Guage but my Haynes Manual do not list them.

P0200
B2082

I cannot fix what I do not know.

P0200 is Injector Circuit Malfunction.

I can't find anything relating to B2082. Double check that one. What symptoms does your Jeep exhibit?

Yea, the Haynes do not show any of the codes. The XJ has rough idle, and high (30% more) fuel consumption. There is the smell of unburnt fuel at the tail pipe which is now black instead of the clean color it used to have. Does this mean it is time for new injectors? Driving more than 600 miles per week the budget is blown by the middle of the week which includes my lunch money.

if you turn the key to start without actually starting it, then off, then start, then off then on, and code will show on the odometer and the check engine light will blink the number of the code. those codes are listed in the haynes manual. the whole key thing has to be done kinda quick though.

seanyb505 said:
if you turn the key to start without actually starting it, then off, then start, then off then on, and code will show on the odometer and the check engine light will blink the number of the code. those codes are listed in the haynes manual. the whole key thing has to be done kinda quick though.
My '94 used to show the codes like that but the '96 has ODB2. I tried but cannot get it to show the codes.

You're correct. The key on/off procedure won't work with the ODB2 system.

Possible culprits to the rough idle and high fuel consumption:
One or more injectors are faulty
A bad ECU, which controls the injection duration
One of the input sensors that relate to the fuel/air ratio

My 96 xj does work with the key on/off procedure with the ODB2 system so I don't know what you're talking about there but in checking my fsm, there is no trouble code listed with the B2082 designation you stated in your post. Could that have been mis-read?

The "B" code is a body code, which means it relates to a shorted or open wire, blown bulb, loose ground, etc. I can't find the specific B2082 however.

I think it's related to the P0200 injector circuit failure. I'd check all the connectors related to the injectors, and the ground wires if you can find them. A wiring diagram will help. Once you find the bad circuit, both codes will probably clear.

Hudson Bend said:
My 96 xj does work with the key on/off procedure with the ODB2 system so I don't know what you're talking about there but in checking my fsm, there is no trouble code listed with the B2082 designation you stated in your post. Could that have been mis-read?

I was not doing correct that's why it did not work. Anyway, the codes I get indicates the IAC, O2 and the injector circuit are all questionable. The CAT has been gutted almost 2 years ago and the wires to the down stream O2 sensor are freyed. I doubt this is the problem because it is like that for 2 years + - . The up stream O2 sensor is an Autozone issued Bosh about 1 year 15,000 miles.

Hmmmm.......I had always been told the ODB2 system doesn't use the key on/off procedure. Since I haven't owned an XJ with the ODB2 I probably should have verified that first. Thanks for clarifying it.

Back