• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FSM

canadian_xj

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a lame question, but does anybody know the best place to get a factory service manual for the 1990 Jeep Cherokee Limited?

Thanks, Kris:looser:

eBay. I've seen them from time to time in a couple of the local automotive / used bookstores, but eBay really is your best bet.

canadian_xj said:
I know this is a lame question, but does anybody know the best place to get a factory service manual for the 1990 Jeep Cherokee Limited?

Thanks, Kris:looser:

Check ebay - I've seen a couple 1990FSMs there in the last couple of days.

If you can't find a 1990, you can use a 1989 - but 1991 used different electronics, and won't work for you. (I'm trying to collect them all for reference, that's how I know...

The 1990 FSM will cover the MJ, YJ, XJ, and SJ - all trim levels.

Ask me how I know...

IMG133_19Dec06.jpg

:woohoo:

5-90

Well I am about to buy the M.R. 244 and before I spend the cash I want to be sure that it is the correct manual. I want to make sure it covers the 2.5L throttle body injection and all the Renix stuff.

tgoff said:
Well I am about to buy the M.R. 244 and before I spend the cash I want to be sure that it is the correct manual. I want to make sure it covers the 2.5L throttle body injection and all the Renix stuff.

Well, the M.R.244 is an AMC manual, so it will definitely cover RENIX. I'm just not sure, offhand, if it covers 2.46L TBI as well. I haven't gotten mine re-bound yet, and it's still sealed up and organised into the sections I want to bind it into...

5-90

It does i have that manual and found it at books4cars.com along with the electrical troubleshooters manual with all the schematics in it. This where i went and they have a lot of jeep stuff all years

Hold on there you have a 1990 jeep well the 244 is for an 1986 TBI just reread your original post. This could make a big diffrence check it out.

tweakado said:
It does i have that manual and found it at books4cars.com along with the electrical troubleshooters manual with all the schematics in it. This where i went and they have a lot of jeep stuff all years

Just to make sure before I drop $50. The M.R. 244 manual covers the Throttle body injected RENIX 2.5L for a 1986 XJ. Thanks.

If someone could enlighten me as to what page the throttle body injection information is on in the M.R. 244 manual it would be greatly appreciated because as of now I fear I have wasted my money on this manual.

EDIT: maybe i need this as a supplement "83-87 Throttle Body Fuel Injection (TBI) Systems Shop Service Repair Manual for Alliance, Encore, GTA, Wagoneer/Cherokee/Comanche/Wrangler/YJ by Renault/Jeep (85_8980_010_380)"

Last edited:
Back