• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

siera gears? making music

JEEPTUBE

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if siera gears are any good?
I have siera 4.56 in the rear and dana in the front.
At about 70 mph i hear a rumbling noise (not violent) in the rear and kind of a humming sound. not smooth sounding.
But when i take it back down to 65 the noise goes away for the most part.
I just had these installed by a rear end shop. So i did take precautions in breaking them in. Very light driving and not long trips. Dont want to get ring burn.
I paid $$$ good money for them.
Is this normal?
What should i do?
:shocked:

Sounds like the adjuster collars. Im def goig to take it back into the shop. I even paid for a new carrier and pretty much all new stuff. Those turds better not charge me.

Yah i have a SYE and a 5.5 inch lift. Im thinkin it has something to do with the 8.25 because i had this rear end and lift and everything on my other 92. And had no weird hum rumbling at 70. I even had my drive shafts inspected and balanced. And its not the brakes. What else could it be?
t-case, tranny?
thats it im gonna blow it up:explosion
hehehehahaheha

This sounds like a driveshaft problem to me.(to me) Check your angles and how long has it been since it was balanced. U-joints?

Of course I know nothing.

Back