• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck pulls to the right when braking hard.

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my pads and rotors yesterday. I went for a test drive and broke the pads in everything seemed great. Driving to work today i had to hit my brakes hard and the truck pulled hard to the right. It never did this ever before. Any ideas?

Did you bleed the brake system of air? Could be air in one of the calipers and not fully engaging it giving more power to the right side causing it to pull.

perhaps when collapsing the calipers.the piston got hunged up in the bore of the caliper
happens alot after replacing pads..just a thought

If you compress that caliper 100%, it can get stuck, and then POP out real hard, causing it to pull.

The pads couldve been made too thick, and it could stop once they wear down.

And why in the hell would oyu bleed your brakes when only doing the pads n rotors? If you dont tap into the brake system, meaning remove/replace the caliper.. then you never shouldve touched what was already working.

Speed_racer said:
And why in the hell would oyu bleed your brakes when only doing the pads n rotors?

It's a good opportunity to flush out the old brake fluid and replace it with fresh fluid that is not saturated with moisture. This will prolong the life the master cylinder, calipers and wheel cylinders.

PaulJ said:
It's a good opportunity to flush out the old brake fluid and replace it with fresh fluid that is not saturated with moisture. This will prolong the life the master cylinder, calipers and wheel cylinders.

I stand corrected.

See, my xj's are for getting the shit kicked out of them in the woods, not too concerned w/long life on anything, being that it wont make it as long as it should anyway.

But, good to know, thx paul!

Speed_racer said:
If you compress that caliper 100%, it can get stuck, and then POP out real hard, causing it to pull.

The pads couldve been made too thick, and it could stop once they wear down.

And why in the hell would oyu bleed your brakes when only doing the pads n rotors? If you dont tap into the brake system, meaning remove/replace the caliper.. then you never shouldve touched what was already working.

I was swaping in yj brake lines.

Your left caliper isn't working properly obviously. Try bleeding the brakes again. If that doesn't work a new caliper should fix it up.

Back