• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to do with 97+ door arm rests

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
so my 97 XJ's driver and passenger door arm rests arm pelling up like a b*tch and i have no idea what to do about it. i stapled down the driver door one (i know ghetto) but the passenger door one is too far gone. any suggestions on how i can fix it? possibly permanantly too?

I have a 97 too. I want to kill my arm rest. Falling apart it is. I am going to make a new one that doesnt stick out so much and move the master switch either under the dash by the left leg or put it in the front of my middle arm rest next to the e-brake. kinda like the liberty has it.

12GaugeXJ said:
Junk yard?
They use gay plastic rivets to attach them to the door panel unlike the 96-'s armrests that just bolt to the door. I've got 97+ doors on my 90 and the armrests alone have almost made me want to go back to 96- doors. If you want my opinion I think the easiest way would be to knock the plastic rivets out, recover it, and then use screws to put it back on.

lol i tried hot glue and it dosent work (it came back apart) forget about the glue, it looks like crap.

Back