• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE??? I have searched it

moparmatt

NAXJA Forum User
After reading http://www.jeepin.com/features/supershorty/index.asp
Is the SYE and CV ds worth buying right away as I buy my lift or should I wait until if there are vibes and install a TC drop for temp.
After all people only install an SYE and CV ds only if they get vibes.
But also from the research I have been doing I understand moving the angle beyond the stock specs may create unwarned and vibes one cannot fell and still cause catastrophic failure to the TC if nothing is done.

My plans are to intall DPG/Rubicon Express- 4" Extreme Duty Hybrid XJ Cherokee Kit from http://www.dpgoffroad.com/ and get shocks (I do not know where yet) That is if i get the money or just do a Rusty's 3.5" build and slowly build and peice it up with other parts to make it complete.

FYI my rig is a AT 95 sport with a D35.

TIA!!!

If you wheel your junk an SYE has two real benefits besides the vibration thing. One is its ALOT stronger, the other is ground clearance. You don't have to run a T-case drop so you gain that much in the belly area.

It's up to you (really). Personally, I lifted and put the SYE on right away without putting on any TCase drop. I didn't want the chance of vibes so I ordered a Tom Woods kit right after I got the lift finished. I planned to do this. But hey. That's me.

You could try a TCase drop and shims if you want and see what happens. Worse comes to worse it would only take a week to get an SYE kit if you felt you needed it. You will need shims either way. You could TCase drop and shim and if that doesn't work. Put on an SYE.

If you don't have the shocks yet I'll plug for the OME nitros'. Their worth the extra money. But again, that's me.

BlueCuda said:
If you wheel your junk an SYE has two real benefits besides the vibration thing. One is its ALOT stronger, the other is ground clearance. You don't have to run a T-case drop so you gain that much in the belly area.

Because I am still in school and work I really do not have time to wheel and and travel so until school is over next four years I really do no have the option to travel right now like i cannot wait until i go to the badlands.

But is it worth getting one at the time i install the lift?

wall04 said:
It's up to you (really). Personally, I lifted and put the SYE on right away without putting on any TCase drop. I didn't want the chance of vibes so I ordered a Tom Woods kit right after I got the lift finished. I planned to do this. But hey. That's me.

You could try a TCase drop and shims if you want and see what happens. Worse comes to worse it would only take a week to get an SYE kit if you felt you needed it. You will need shims either way. You could TCase drop and shim and if that doesn't work. Put on an SYE.

If you don't have the shocks yet I'll plug for the OME nitros'. Their worth the extra money. But again, that's me.

Ok thanks for the advise
Is it wroth the extra lift if i am already getting a SYE and CV ds I noticed you have 4.5"

Edit: Oh the wheeling right now for me is not that extreme but in the future.......

I just ordered the RE 6130 (4.5) and as of now i dont have enough for the sye and cv driveshaft. Im looking into the transfer case drop but am wondering if that can cause any damage to my car?

I didn't have one for quite awhile and that was with the RE 5.5 kit. It did have 2" of T-case drop though and shims. Its nicer with the SYE but the world will not stop if you just do a t-case drop to get you buy for awhile.

I ran 5 months with 4.5 " in the rear with stock and a 1/1-2" t/c drop,Didn't help with the vibes, when I put my sye in I noticed the t/c splined output shaft was worn from the slip yoke abnormally due to the stress from a higher drivleine angle and you could feel the teeth chattering u-joints binding.It was $525.00 canadian for the sye and custom shaft+flange,smoooth sailin now.

bcmaxx said:
I ran 5 months with 4.5 " in the rear with stock and a 1/1-2" t/c drop,Didn't help with the vibes, when I put my sye in I noticed the t/c splined output shaft was worn from the slip yoke abnormally due to the stress from a higher drivleine angle and you could feel the teeth chattering u-joints binding.It was $525.00 canadian for the sye and custom shaft+flange,smoooth sailin now.

Thank you now that scarys me do you think that will happen with a 3.5" lift

Back