• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA Shim/packer questions

Archdukeferdinand

NAXJA Forum User
I tried a forum search and couldn't come up with anything the other night.

3.5" or so with the stock LCAs, thought I was reading a write up the other night about making some shims to fit behind the rear mounting brackets for the LCAs... For my application it looks like I only need to move the arms forward .25" or so.

Any reason (other than not getting the flex I'd get with the ideal situation longer arms or drop brackets) not to?

And anyone got a link to that write up by chance? I can't for the life of me find it. I'm pretty sure I can make them without it but it's always nice to see what someone else has done first.

Tin snips, angle grinder, cutting torch... I'll find a way.

I'm lucky enough to have a full shop for working on tractors, plowtrucks, mowers and snowcats at work. What I don't have is a stack of nice material like sheetmetal sitting around, but I'll find something. There's a boneyard full of old mowers, chairlift materials,and the like to scavenge.

Thanks for the quick reply, now I know why I couldn't find the article searching for LCA stuff, I came to it looking for alignment help...

Back