• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Disco Bushing Replacement

zith

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I've never seen much discussion of this so I assume it's not a very common problem. I couldn't find much in my searches except for one thread on JU. I probably just didn't grease it as much as I should have, but one end on a link of mine seems to be worn and making some noise.

It looks like you can get a replacment bushing for $3.50 from JKS and it sounds like they press in and out of there. The thread on JU suggested I may be able to handle this with the sockets and vice method, or just hammering.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever done this before, and how hard it is to do without having access to a press.

Thanks in advance!

Well since I don't have a press... sockets and a vice will have to do. As long as it can be done that way I'll do it! Thanks.

Is dish soap more effective than just covering it in grease? Maybe just cleaner? :)

Back