• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

As Seen On Gojeep

Dragline

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can find a set of Torx bits like these?? I can't find them anywhere. The leak from my oil filter adapter has turned into a driveway soaking gusher.

OilAdaptor003.jpg

I don't know about a set exactly like this one, but TORX bits in 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive for a rachet should be pretty much available at place like Home Depot, Lowes and at your local auto parts store.

Dragline said:
I don't think there is enough room to get a ratchet between the OF adapter and the body.

i hear ya.

my set of harbor freight cheepies were held into the 1/2 in drive socket thing with a small set screw. i removed them from the socket thingie and turn them with a thin wrench for those times
when i can't use my regular set with the ratchet.

i think they were less than ten bucks and about an hour worth of pb blaster and vice work to get them that way.

I made my own. I took a torx bit and welded it into an old wrench. This wrench works good for breaking them loose, but not too good for running the bolt quickly. So I also took a torx bit and welded it into a 1/4 drive universal socket(can't remember the size socket). I use this socket with an extension so that I can run the bolt with my 1/4 drive air wrench. With the right tools this is a 15 min. job.

Back