• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tps

makoman

NAXJA Forum User
Please help,
I have a 98 jeep with 4.0L stick shift. I'm getting a high input code from the tps. I have checked every thing I know to do and still no luck. If you could tell me where to start it would save my jeeps life.
Thanks, Rickhasta

How's it running? I've got a TPS on the way out on my 99 and it started giving me a high idle when hot on Friday, and today it started not staying in a gear.

yes, I checked it out and it seems to be working. It also is less then a year old. Could I have a short some where? :rattle:

Mine not staying in gear is when i'm driving down the road. I'll be on the highway runnin about 70 when it starts to switch b/w 3rd and 4th for no reason. Shutting it down and restarting it seems to fix it for a while.

Can you describe this "bucking" some more? Is it when taking off, or driving down the road, changing gears.....etc.

I have not tried it for a long drive but when I shift in 2nd its fine but 3sec later it bucks. After that I let off and down shift but as soon as I hit the gas agian it bucks. :anon:

Back