• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got oak?

Clean-RC said:
How about the local mountains... Sorry I couldn't resist...:D
There is always that. I could also visit couple parks in the wee hours with a chainsaw ;) I'm being lazy though: I'm looking for some that is already cut and I can buy at the store.

Kejtar said:
not much: one or two logs.
Do they have to be logs? If you're going to burn them in a fire can't you just use oak scraps? I've got some scraps from jobs and I'm sure there are other's (maybe Bent or itsHud) that have scrap/waste laying around from jobs.

Kyung

I've got a couple of oak and hickory pallets waiting to be cut up if that will work for you. wood is wood right?

If i had found this in time, i have about half a tree's worth of Pecan wood in large logs (3-8" thick) I could have given you, it burns a lot like oak but smells better. :)

Kejtar said:
I need some oak logs for a fire.... does anyone know where I can find some?

Just for future reference, there's a firewood yard on the east side of Topanga, about a half mile south of the 118. They usually stock oak and other hardwoods.

Andy Steiner said:
Just for future reference, there's a firewood yard on the east side of Topanga, about a half mile south of the 118. They usually stock oak and other hardwoods.
Cool, that's good to know! Thanks!

Kejtar said:
Cool, that's good to know! Thanks!
Ooooh. Someplace probably even more convenient for you... There's a lumber yard on Oxnard just west of Reseda. They usually have firwood as well, but their stock tends to be somewhat more spotty wrt hardwood.

Back