• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how much gas?

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
most tanks are 18 glns right? well when my needle is right on top off E when I feel up it will take almost 19 glns. I was just wondering where all that extra gas is going, Im sure its not leaking out any where

How do we tell for sure if we have an XJ, MJ or a long bed?

I have a 1985 Cherokee Pioneer (it originally had a 2.5 liter gas, now has a nissan 2.2 liter deisel SD-22, manual 5 speed...) and a 1987 Wagoneer Ltd Ed (not the Grand Wagoneer) with 4X4, and most Cherokee parts seem to fit it!

Mike McGinness
South Houston, Tx

Ecomike said:

I have a 1985 Cherokee Pioneer (it originally had a 2.5 liter gas, now has a nissan 2.2 liter deisel SD-22, manual 5 speed...) and a 1987 Wagoneer Ltd Ed (not the Grand Wagoneer) with 4X4, and most Cherokee parts seem to fit it!

Mike McGinness
South Houston, Tx

heh heh...

an XJ is the code name -if you will- of the cherokee (all models and years andi believe the wagoneer -the cherokee edition with the two headlights- as well.)

the MJ is the code name for a comanche (a cherokee looking pickup truck)

short bed vs long bed can be seen if the bed of the truck is long, or short...

my factory information book that came in the jeep says that the fuel tank cap is 18 galns

rocklandxjer said:
heh heh...

an XJ is the code name -if you will- of the cherokee (all models and years andi believe the wagoneer -the cherokee edition with the two headlights- as well.)

the MJ is the code name for a comanche (a cherokee looking pickup truck)

short bed vs long bed can be seen if the bed of the truck is long, or short...

OK, I see how one can get their Engines, Indians, I mean Jeeps, LOL, or should I say J's mixed up then.

So thats what that weired looking Jeep/Truck I saw recently was! Guess I just learned me something. Thanks!

Mike McGinness
South Houston, Tx

Ecomike said:

Mike McGinness
South Houston, Tx
/intentional hijack/
you do understand that you can't just casually mention a diesel swap like it's no big deal.

How do you like the sd 22 in it?
how hard was the swap?
where did you get the sd22?

i ask be cause i was seriously considering this swap my self. sd33 are available everywhere but fit is not nice and the swap would be awful. I think fit better but might need turbo for driveability.

better than replying here would be new thread in mod tech section.thanks in advance.

cumorglas said:
/intentional hijack/
you do understand that you can't just casually mention a diesel swap like it's no big deal.

How do you like the sd 22 in it?
how hard was the swap?
where did you get the sd22?

i ask be cause i was seriously considering this swap my self. sd33 are available everywhere but fit is not nice and the swap would be awful. I think fit better but might need turbo for driveability.

better than replying here would be new thread in mod tech section.thanks in advance.

I have replied to this attempted Hijack (LOL) at:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?p=243332685#post243332685

Mike McGinness
South Houston, TX

Last edited:
Back