• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can my leaf springs be rebent ?

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I was told that I can have my leafsprings rebent to stock form if they're not in too bad of shape. Right now I have a set of 1,500lb spring helpers which propped the rear end up a good 1 1/2. Is it true that I can have my springs rebent to stock height ? If so will the bend wear out quickly ? will it ride better than the spring helpers ? How much should it cost ?

You can have the stock rear springs re-arched and have a leaf or two added to the pack. I just had mine done on my 01 XJ with an addtional leaf added at a local spring shop for around $200. It brought the rear up a good 2 in and the ride is still very good.

A 2" add a leaf (or whatever full-length add a leaf to compensate your sagging) would work. I was sagging by 2 inches. Turned out the bottom most and smallest leafs were cracked.....so I just took them out on both sides (both sides were cracked) and put the 2" add a leaf from Rusty's in, being the 3rd leaf down (main, 1st, then the Add a leaf).

Rusty's instructions say to put it second, I'm not sure if they are counting the main leaf or not.....

Just put it in the order so the longer leafs are above the shorter ones......that's the way it's supposed to be.

That cost maybe $80.00 for the add a leafs, new U bolts, spring clips, and center pin. Cheaper to do...

Good luck!

Back