• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In your opinion--

Meeks

NAXJA Forum User
Alrighty, I have seen people run all sorts of lifts, all sorts of tire sizes, and widths and everything. Whats your favorite? I have seen tones of 3.5" lifts, with 33s. And they look really good.

Personally when I bought my Jeep, I ordered a 6.5" lift, and bought some 35s tires. They are about to go on pretty quickly here, do you think I bought too big of tires? Will they fit with just a 6.5" lift? And is 4" of backspacing on my rims going to be enough?

6.5 is plenty of lift for 35s.
personally, i have a 5" lift with my fenders trimmed running 33x10.50s on 4.5" BS wheels and i can stick my head between the fender and the tire, i could probly get away with 35s under my 5" lift. use the search button and you will see plenty of pics of rigs running 35s under 6" lifts.

-tim

RE 4.5" and trimmed fenders will fit 35s fine.

For the desert out here I find that all but the most extreme areas (reserved for sandrails and teh like) I can take stock. Right now I'm sitting 2" higher (OME) with near stock tires (235s) but I think with 4.5" and 33s I'd be good for anything this desert can dish out. Some minor trimming and bumpstops to make sure I've got plenty of flex and there's the master plan. It depends more on the terrain and your driving style than anything, I like the technical side of the sport as opposed to rolling over everything. For my location this is perfet. Your results may vary.

Last edited:
4" of BS will be perfect with a 10" wide rim. 35's will require a little trimming, for most people the bushwacker flares will be enough and keep you legal. No matter how much lift you install you have to use bumpstops. They not only keep your tires out of the fenders but they prevent premature sagging of your springs. most sagging coils and W-shaped leafs are from the lack of proper bumpstops.

You probaly need at least 4" extra bumpstops front and rear.

sp4mike said:
I rub a bit with 6.5" of lift and 32's. It's all about the trimming.

I think you might rub less with 4wd, Mike!! :kissyou: You also have to realize that this guy's got no bumpstops!!

Thanks for your help, I was really worried I might have too much tire for my lift. And have to buy some spacers. And I don't want to go any higher than 6.5".

53guy said:
I think you might rub less with 4wd, Mike!! :kissyou: You also have to realize that this guy's got no bumpstops!!

Very funny! I got the stuff to fix it right today, Ill be getting dirty tomorrow afternoon. And who needs bumpstops when you have brake lines. LOL

sp4mike said:
Very funny! I got the stuff to fix it right today, Ill be getting dirty tomorrow afternoon. And who needs bumpstops when you have brake lines. LOL

Lol, the brake lines have been addressed. You ever find out what was wrong other than your cracked case? How'd you end up making it home?

Meeks said:
Thanks for your help, I was really worried I might have too much tire for my lift. And have to buy some spacers. And I don't want to go any higher than 6.5".

Yeah...you dont want to go higer than 6.5"s, especially with 35's.

Lift will be the least of your problems.
Have you addressed all the real problems with running 35s?

axles
SYE
gears
axles
driveshafts
axles
axles
framerails
axles

I have the new driveshaft, and slipyoke. As for the axles, I have money for when they go-snap.

I have the 8.25" which is okay, and as for gears.. I will see where my wheeling takes me, right now.. I am going to be taking her easy untill I know the limits of the truck.

Back