• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dome Light

CherokeeDude

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem, my dome light won`t turn off even when all the doors are shut. I have took all the door jam switches out and cleaned them, turned the headlight knob back and forth, but the light still stays on. Does anybody know what could be making the light stay on? Is there a switch in the rear hatch? I just have the base model, with only one dome light.

Specs:

1985 Jeep Cherokee 4x4
4 dr
2.5l, 4cyl
T4, 4spd
NP207

Thanks!

when you took the door switches out did you jump across the switch and make sure that the switch was working properly... jump across the switch and see if the light goes out... and mine has a switch on the back hatch so check it... good luck

Check the switch in the back hatch. Mine rotted off & grounded causing the interior lights to stay on. This switch is on the latch inside the hatch. Other place to look on hatch is the harness between main body & hatch. Harness is on right (drivers) side at top near hinge. Had one of these harnesses break a couple of wires in it & short out causing lights to stay on. Check this by pulling inside rear quarter panel loose & disconnect plug coming down rear pillar. Hopefully this helps.

Back