• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pic request - Engine bay component mounting

MJ_Chubs

NAXJA Forum User
I was hoping someone could help me out. I'm swapping an HO engine and harness into my '88 MJ and I'm having problems remembering the location of some stuff in the engine bay. I took pictures but apparently they weren't detailed enough and I'm having a hell of a time getting things back together.

With that, I would like to request pics of the following parts:

• The mounting location and bracket for the charcoal canister on the PS frame rail
  • The mounting position for the Power Distribution Center (PDC) on the PS inner fender
  • Routing for the wiring harness that runs to the trans (AW-4) and speedo gear

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks.

Brent

Not 100% sure these photos will be helpful. These are of my '96 XJ

In the first, you can see the fusebox & canister (canister labeled) -- both are attached to the fender with brackets:
enginebaypassside.jpg

Here's the front bracket on the fusebox:

frontbracket.jpg

Here you can kind of see the bracket for the charcoal canister:

canisterbracket.jpg

They're pretty helpful. Just a couple of questions:
  • On the charcoal canister, how is it mounted to the framerail (stud, bolt, etc.)?
  • Same question for the PDC.
Thanks.

Both the PDC and canister have stamped steel brackets. The bracket for the PDC mounts to the inner fender with studs. Bolts should work as well, though. The bracket for the canister appears to rest on top of the frame, and to be attached with sheet metal screws or bolts tapped in. A quick glance didn't confirm whether or not there is also an attachment to the side of the inner fender.

Matthew Currie said:
Both the PDC and canister have stamped steel brackets. The bracket for the PDC mounts to the inner fender with studs. Bolts should work as well, though. The bracket for the canister appears to rest on top of the frame, and to be attached with sheet metal screws or bolts tapped in. A quick glance didn't confirm whether or not there is also an attachment to the side of the inner fender.

That's what I needed. I should be able to make something work from here. Sometimes, it really pays to work for a fastener company....

Back