• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help please! oil everywhere and 1 other thing

ddeadserious

NAXJA Forum User
So I noticed a few days ago that my Jeep smelled like ass(burning oil) and so last night I went to the car wash and washed down my engine bay. Still smells like burning oil. Without knowing anything else was wrong, I plulled up into the driveway with intention of just using purple cleaner and pine sol and a hose to wash out my engine bay good. then I see this...
100_0386.jpg

100_0385.jpg

I'm thinking it may be the oil filter o-rings.. I've heard that's a common thing. My LCA and much of the rest of my passenger front end is just soaked in oil.

AND!

When inspecting the engine, I managed knocking a tube loose pouring liquid everywhere, not sure what it is, but that's what the puddle of whatever is by the large oil spots... But then I found that the coupler that puts all these tubes into one has broken off at the tube I knocked loose. What is this called so I can go buy a new one? And what did i spill everywhere? the tube go into the front of the engine.
100_0384.jpg

100_0383.jpg

any help is greatly appreciated.

My oil adapter rings went bad, But I could see thats where it was comeing from. Run the motor and see if you can see it dripping out. Mine only leaked while it was running.

Just for reference, you don't really need the heater control valve. You can just run straight hoses, and the blender door still works when you don't want heat.

True, newer vehicles don't even have the heater valve and just plumb directly.....

Although some Ford 3500 guys were complaining about the air conditioning not doing as well as they would have liked. After installing a manual valve in the heater core lines so they could shut off flow in the summer time, they noticed that the air conditioner cooled better and didn't even need to use Max A/C anymore.....

So you decide what you want to do......It's 20 or so dollars for a heater valve, FYI.

Back