• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock flairs falling off

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj limited and the stock frint flairs fall off. One fell off due to the fact my mom backed into my car, and the other one who knows? I took the brackets off the fenders re-clipped the flairs and put them back on and they fell off once again. Has anyone else had this problem?

MG2000XJ said:
I have a 2000 xj limited and the stock frint flairs fall off. One fell off due to the fact my mom backed into my car, and the other one who knows? I took the brackets off the fenders re-clipped the flairs and put them back on and they fell off once again. Has anyone else had this problem?

are you running something other then stock wheels and tires?

anything bigger will blow them off...my 00 lost all 4 running 235 bfg ats

andrew

LilRhodyXJ said:

andrew
True dat, I tried running 97+ flares with 31"s. Can't keep them on for the life of me. Still trying to devise a better way to but so far I'm drawing blanks on it.

cut the fender and relocate the stock flares up.
search for a post by 53guy in the mod tech forum about it. Good writeup with photos

LilRhodyXJ said:

andrew

2 Things:

1.) I had my driver's front flare fall off, I put silicon on the flare then clipped it back on. Hasn't given me any problems in over a year now. (2000 XJ Limited also)

2.) Why will running 235's blow them off. I'm sorry if it's a stupid question, just trying to understand why because I'll be putting 235 BFG ATs on next week.

they rub, you'll have to do some mild trimming, or the tire will grab them and pull them off.
I believe that the biggest problem with the late model flares is at the front.
I'm not too familar with them. I just cut all that extra nonsense off.

Thats what i thought too. Right now I have 235 75 16's. I guess rubbing is the cause of the problem. I do do some light wheeling and have gotten my susp. as flexed as it goes up front, would there be any wear on the flair if the rubbing was the problem?

drill holes in the lip of the flare and match it to a hole on the body attach with a zip tie

I had the same problem but it was my rear ones that fell off. I just drilled holes in the plastic in line with the holes in the body and installed them back on with some hex nuts and bolts (pulling off the OEM clips first). While they where off I also painted them back to black as they had faded a sickly grey

reason my flares came off is because I had 235 75r 15s on 15x8 steelies. the flares fell off on a trip to NH..
My Jeep was carrying my friend, three of the girls that came and all their stuff:banghead::banghead:

I hit a few bumps and my fenders were gone..I almost:bawl:

kidding about crying but 235s on 15x7 stockers didn't cause almost any damage to the flares untill I took out the rear sway bar.

look..
jeep.jpg

Andrew

Back