• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window wiring question

snowingcold

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if a 93 xj without the power windows from the factory already have the power wires run to the door? Just wanted to know without cracking the plastic barrier to find out. thanks

Im sure the wires are not there - why would factory use more wire the needed, that would be wasting money.

My 91-93 parts manual does list 2 different part numbers for the main harness (one with PW/PL, one without). Also there is an auxilliary harness that plugs into the main harness and goes into the doors for windows and locks. You might have the main harness to support the PWs but not the auxillary one.

great thanks for checking that for me. have been thinking about adding some of the nice lazy features to the jeep. the local junkyard has a pretty nice country edition with many parts.

jeepdude, they could already have it wired because it would be cheaper not have to pay for design and production for two different wiring harneses. for example there are several connectors under my dash that accessories didn't get plugged into. I already have the wiper power wire/connector run to the back tailgate even though I don't have the rear wiper.

The Xj uses a few harnesses that plug into the over all harness to do things like rear heated glass (defroster), power mirrors/windows and over head consol option just to name a few. Some things are already there because it is cheaper to include them in a normal build in piece parts as in the tailgates, some are not, like doors (power versus non-powered). The year of the XJ also has a bit to play in what's there and what's added.
Most likely you have the connectors hiding in the kick panels for the power options but the rest of the big harness is not.
Be prepared to pull a big hunk of what ever XJ you get the sub-harness from apart, there are relays under the passenger side kick panel, wires going down both lower door jambs to the back doors and one to the tailgate if equipped, plus the power mirror switch has wires run under the drivers seat if I remember right.
And all the motors to go full power.
Good luck and take your time, and a camera phone if you need tips to rewire into your rig.

Andy

snowingcold said:
great thanks for checking that for me. have been thinking about adding some of the nice lazy features to the jeep. the local junkyard has a pretty nice country edition with many parts.

jeepdude, they could already have it wired because it would be cheaper not have to pay for design and production for two different wiring harneses. for example there are several connectors under my dash that accessories didn't get plugged into. I already have the wiper power wire/connector run to the back tailgate even though I don't have the rear wiper.

Ok you originally asked if it was run through the doors.

I do not belive the harness is in the doors of non power doors.

Back