• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackle bolt size

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys

does anyone know the size and thread of the shackle bolts? i need to go to homedepot because my whole town is closed on sundays, and i dont want to trust my jeep on a jack all day.

this too can be deleted if someone answers, as i am going tomorrow

He's right...

I had to talk to a friend who works for a bolt company to get me those. At the dealer ship it was $9.50 + a $2.00 nut!, a piece! I wasn't going to pay that.

dia 14mm length 110mm thread pitch 2.0mm I would use 10.9 grade. good luck finding them at home depot 14mm is not very common size. I had to order mine from boltdepot.com You can also use 9/16" bolts in the shackle/leaf spring location if you change the nut also.

Last edited:
Necroposting for the benefit of future Googlers: McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com) has any type and grade of fastener you can imagine, and has fast, cheap shipping and no minimum order.

Just buy enough from the dealership and they'll give you a discount. I get the nut and bolt for about $7 total. Fastenal is really the only other place, they'll have to order it and probably charge you more

Fastenal is really the only other place, they'll have to order it and probably charge you more

My local Fastenal had them in bags of twenty and would not sell two at a time.
McMaster-Carr would sell two at a time and delivered them the next day.

It's worth a trip to a pick-a-part type wrecking yard just to savaged hardware and fittings, the OEM stuff is usually high quality stuff, as long as it isn't rusted.
Not a problem here where it doesn't rain anymore.

if the lower shackle bolt is all you need then a grade 8 (SAE equivalent of 10.9) 4" 9/16 bolt and nut works great. if you need the upper shackle bolt or your like me and needd the front bolt, you can cheat, i replaced both perfectly fine lower shackle bolts with 9/16"s bolts and used the good stock bolt for the front of the leaf.

Back