• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coolant leak

kumes12688

NAXJA Forum User
I had a coolant leak that seemed to be coming from the lower radiator hose, so i changed it about a month ago but it still has an occasional leak. It doesn't leak all the time but when it does I can see it in the driverside wheel well. What could it be?

My 00' just started leaking coolant around the lower tranny line connection where it comes out of the radiator. It was running down onto the lower hose and had me thinking that was it. But on further inspection it was very obviouse. You will need a new radiator if its that. I just ordered a new radiator, picked up a new pump, t-stat, upper/lower hoses, heater hoses, and a belt. I'm just gonna fix all of it while I'm in there.

make sure the clamps are tight...sometimes when it gets hot they can expand enough to leak. It also could be the water pump seeping (means its about to go bad).

Back