• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear plastic removal, interior

jjvande

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching for this with no luck. maybe someone can search better?

what is the deal with removing the rear plastic side panels on the interior? I need to remove everything from the rear seat back.

are there clips? and where?

i just dont want to start pullin and snap off all the clips or whatever on the nicely aged plastic in my '88.

also, any pics?

Hmm I changed the entire interior in my 88 a few months ago and I dont remember there being any clips, just screws. Although its the type of system where you cant just remove one peice, each peice holds another one on. Which peice(s) are you talking about exactly?

cool, i didnt really look too hard at it. I need to gain access to the fenders, and metal above them and around them. so i need to remove all the plastic on the sides and the pieces that go down next to the rear seats, then i am gong to cut the carpet out in the rear. This is all to install some shocks through the floor and i will be welding up some mounts inside the vehicle.

Thanks

I have my interior gutted, several bags of fasteners, and I have no idea which fasteners go to what part.
Oops.
However, I do remember that in addition to the screws, there were a couple black nylon connectors. They function sort of like a drywall anchor - there's a center pin that you can pry up from the casing with a screwdriver. This allows the thing to be slipped out of the hole. To reinsert, put it back in the hole, and press the pin back into the casing to expand it.
At any rate, if you break them, you can pick up new ones from Lowes in the special fasteners drawers.

Thanks!

are any of the features that hold these anchors prone to breaking? I'm going to just to rip this stuff out already...

Back