• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Need Advice!!!!!!!!!!

shaddady34

NAXJA Forum User
I am taking the last torx bolt out and it is now stripped!!! how should i go about removing it should i drill, remove from bottom with pliers ahhh help and where can i get a new bolt thanksss

of what,

ill guess and say your doors. if so, what i did was i got a dremel and cut two sides off and tried to use a wrench. that didnt work so i just used my 4" grinder and cut the head off. i then tried to use the existing piece, which i thought would work, but didnt. so i tapped it and died it.

you could try to use an allen wrench. the allens head and a hex head driver "bite" in different areas. as long as it isnt completly rounded out.

find a allen that is quite a snugg fit. you might even have to smack it with a hammer to get it to go in. then turn it out.

i would also hit it with some PB Blaster to loosen some of the rust.

if that doesnt work, you could try to cut a slit in the head and use a large flathead driver. or just cut the hole thing off and replace with a new conventional bolt and speed nut.

Back