• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I might be in CA...

wolfheartak

NAXJA Member #715
I am going to be in AZ the weekend of Jan. 13th. (I'm driving from Detroit starting on the 6th, so I don't know when I'll actually get there). If I get to AZ by Friday, I was hoping to cruise on over if there's a run going on.

I'd need to borrow a seat for the day, and I've got to head back to Phoenix no later than Sunday morning to catch my flight back home Sunday night.

-Marisha

If there isn't a run already planned.....we will make one!
Truckhaven?
Pinion Mt.?
Choose your poison.....

Forget Big Bear...its F-ING COLD up there.....

Rick

:wave:

Cold? Nothing like the past 3 weeks up here could feel cold... It's been too cold to snow (not kidding...)

I asked jjmatt3 to help me get the KJ guys in on it too, since I'm only going to be able to make it for one day trip on saturday. I don't think I ever went to Truckhaven, and a couple times to Pinion Mt. I mostly went to big bear or out calico way. I don't really care about where, I just want to go! I'm getting excited! Less than month 'til I leave!

Rick, too bad Los Coyotes isn't open anymore, I could show you how to make it through Dangerous Road....

-Marisha

Last edited:
I could be up for that run.

Although, I'm pretty sure if Rick and I wheel the same place hell is going to freeze over, so it will be just like being at home?

El Mirage? Calico? I so badly wish Los Coyotes was still open, ran it a few times in my KJ but never in my XJ! We need a desert location to keep out of that damn cold snow and low temps, that way Marisha can thaw out some!

Jump This said:
Truckhaven is over by the Salton Sea. That is where the Tierra Del Sol event is held. I think you have been to that one before?
Rick

Oh yeah, went there once. For some reason, I didn't realize that's where that was...

That El Mirage trail, it looks like it's off of El Mirage road. About a couple miles east of the OHV turnoff?

wolfheartak said:
I am going to be in AZ the weekend of Jan. 13th. (I'm driving from Detroit starting on the 6th, so I don't know when I'll actually get there). If I get to AZ by Friday, I was hoping to cruise on over if there's a run going on.

I'd need to borrow a seat for the day, and I've got to head back to Phoenix no later than Sunday morning to catch my flight back home Sunday night.

-Marisha

Cool! Probably haven't seen you since your going away bash at Rollins'

Keep us informed, and someone tell me, or SoCalXJ. I don't check NAXJA as often.

We all miss Los Coyotes. I'm game for just about anything!

Hey Marisha, that would be fun to have you come visit. I should probably just let you drive my jeep. Maybe I wont break anything then.

Los Coyotes... It still stings that its gone. That place rolled my jeep and it was also some of the first real wheeling I ever did. It used to be a 45-60 minute drive to get there. I miss it bad.

So where are we going? Truckhaven might be fun everything else out there sounds easy and kinda boring. I did Rodriguez Canyon and Orriflame (Chariot canyon) early this morning, it was boringly simple with no real challenges, but clear and sunny with nice views. I was done by 12 noon. Rick, you need to find a new cool place, maybe buy a bigger lot and make your own park for Jeeps?

KH

mikedashg said:
Cool! Probably haven't seen you since your going away bash at Rollins'

Keep us informed, and someone tell me, or SoCalXJ. I don't check NAXJA as often.

We all miss Los Coyotes. I'm game for just about anything!

Yeah, I'll let you guys know more when it gets closer. I just posted here, and I know word will get around.

I'm really not too picky about where to go, but I'll think about it. Truckhaven sounds promising.

-Marisha

Ok, so what's close to SD area? Thinking of going to Corral Canyon one of these weekends.

Kevin3151 said:
Rick, you need to find a new cool place, maybe buy a bigger lot and make your own park for Jeeps?

KH
Funny you should say that....
Developers out here are now required to mitigate thier projects water usage by buying farm land and cutting down the trees . (okay so maybe that is a little too simple of an explanation...) The result makes land available for crazy projects like.......:dunno: :D

wolfheartak said:
I don't think I ever went to Truckhaven...

TDS '05

photo21.jpg

wolfheartak said:
too bad Los Coyotes isn't open anymore...

Yup sad thinking about it, remember when Rick?

photo19.jpg

Last edited:
Leaving for Detroit this Friday, and I should be in AZ by Friday (12th) and in CA Saturday A.M. So Where should we go?

-Marisha

MJR said:
TDS '05

photo21.jpg

Yup sad thinking about it, remember when Rick?

photo19.jpg

Wasn't there an issue with Steve's fuel pump..... but in the long run ended up being a electrical issue? Hmmmmm I think the cold temps. are affecting her memory....:shiver:
Curt

Back