PDA

View Full Version : Compression test question

blaisetd
July 1st, 2006, 13:19
Hello all. Still having the same problems in my "Low RPM stumble/poor idle"
post except worse. No having more serious stumble (intermittant) at all RPMs mostly low. Replaced TPS (adjusted) and EGR set up. I'm hearing what i think is valve slap in # 1, 2, or 3 (not constantly). As stated in the other post my engine was rebuilt about 15-20K mile ago. From reading other posts a compression test does not mean your valves are fine correct? My compression #'s were all around 150lbs. Is a leak down test nessessary now? I did pull the valve cover then push rods. Everything looked ok there i.e. no bent rods and none were blocked. thanks in advance blaise

jeepdude10000
July 1st, 2006, 16:24
if you got 150 across you dont have a valve problem.

When you changed your TPS did you clean the thottle body and IAC motor?

blaisetd
July 1st, 2006, 20:48
Cleaned the IAC, didn't do the entire throttle body. Got my hands on a Renix FSM recently.....gonna try and figure it out. I'd like to take my oldest son to wheelin @ Alto, Texas before he leaves for the summer. b

jeepdude10000
July 1st, 2006, 21:25
Ok I was looking at previous post, and I think you got it mostly covered.

I'll do some more thinking.

blaisetd
July 2nd, 2006, 08:19
Found some stuff. I was going through the list of stuff in the Renix FSM. Checked MAP sensor first and found the voltage at terminal B was 2.2V instead of .5 - 1.5V on the chart. It said that if voltage wasn't in that range sensor is bad. I decided to check some other stuff since it was early am. Air temp sensor, Coolant temp sensor, CPS all within range. While underneath i looked at the knock sensor. I noticed the housing a little loose and it actually broke loose, plastic housing seperated. I'm going to replace the knock sensor before I buy a MAP and see it that does it. AAAhhh a gilmmer of hope blaise